Call for Entries: 40 West at Next
Next Gallery is now accepting submissions for a juried art exhibition exclusively open to 40 West Arts member artists. We are looking for quality 2D and 3D artwork in any medium for this open-themed show and would prefer artwork completed in the last 5 years.
Entry fee is $5 per artwork. All entry fees can be paid below. Simply select your number of entries, then press add to cart.
All proceeds through submissions will go to the benefit of Next Gallery and 40 West Arts.
Submissions will be juried by gallery directors from 40 West and Next Gallery. Approximately 25 – 30 artworks will be selected.
Email Entry Submission Deadline: September 3, 2017
Email Notification of Selected Artwork: September 10, 2017
Selected work to be dropped off at Next Gallery: Friday September 15th between 5-10 p.m , Saturday and Sunday the 16th, & 17th between 12-5 p.m
Exhibition Dates: September 22 – October 8, 2017
Artwork Pick-up: Sunday October 8, 2017, between 12- 5 p.m
Eligibility & Requirements:
Open to all 40 West Arts Member Artists. Artists not currently members of 40 West Arts will automatically be disqualified.
Failure to comply to these requirements may result in artwork (even if accepted by jury) not being exhibited
- Picture submissions must meet criteria described in the “How to Enter” section. Your submission email should include all requested information for each artwork. Failure to submit a proper picture or description may result in disqualification
- Accepted work must be ready to display. All wall art must have proper hanging mechanism such as a wire (ends wrapped) or D rings; no sawtooth hangers please. Maximum weight is 50 lbs
- All 3D work should include installation instructions to include but not limited to pedestal size needed, indications of direction (up, down, etc.). We have a variety of pedestals available.
- Size limitations: 2D work: No more than 4 feet wide, no more than 6 feet tall 3D work: No more than 5 feet in any dimension
- The artist is responsible for drop off and pick up of the artwork. Artwork not picked up within 3 months of the end of the exhibition may be disposed of or donated.
- There are no price restrictions. However, it is our experience that work under $500 are more likely to be sold.
- Exhibited artwork does not have to be for sale, but it is encouraged. NEXT Gallery retains a 35% commission on all sold artworks.
- Images submitted may be used for promotional purposes
- All correspondence and notifications with entrants will be done via email. Please make sure that your contact information is correct.
- Submission of work to this juried show constitutes an agreement on the part of the artist to the conditions set forth in this prospectus.
How to Enter:
Entry fee is $5 per artwork. Pay for your entries below by selecting your number of entries and pressing add to cart.
All payments will be made online through PayPal. We must receive your payment and your entry email by the deadline of September 3, 2017 to be considered.
Artwork submissions should be sent to email@example.com
In the subject line of your email, please type “Submission” and your name as you would like it displayed with your artwork (if selected).
For example: Subject: Submission Susan Brown
Your submission email should include the following for each submitted artwork. Please number each artwork if you are submitting more than one (Artwork 1, Artwork 2, Artwork 3, etc). If artwork is not for sale, please mark sale price as NFS. This is how your information will be displayed with your artwork if selected.
Pictures: Please attach a .jpg file for each artwork you are submitting. Each file should be no more than 2 MB in size. Picture files that are missing, incorrectly labeled, or we are unable to open may be disqualified. Please label your picture files with your last name, an underscore, then the artwork number in your description. For example: Brown_1.jpg
If you are submitting 3D work, you may submit 2 pictures per work. Please label them as view 1 and view 2. For example: Brown_1_view1.jpg, Brown_1_view2.jpg
Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org